If you enjoy a "guilt free" healthy bars with your coffee, or need a quick snack to sweeten your day, here is a very simple and fulfilling recipe for you.
OATMEAL DATEHINI BARS
Makes 12 square bars
- 2 cups oatmeal flour
- 1 cup almonds flour
- 1,5 cups chopped nuts that you prefer (I used walnuts, hazelnuts and pistachios)
- 1 cup sliced raisins, dry cherries and cranberries
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 cup Datehini Original (you can also use Datehini Cinnamon or Vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 380°F.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together oat and almond flours.
- Add all the nuts and the dried fruits together.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together Datehini, tahini and the coconut milk.
- Add wet mixture over oat mixture and mix well until evenly combined. Pour onto prepared baking sheet lined with paper and spread into an even layer. It may take a little work here to make this even, make sure it is not too thick nor thin.
- Baking is the tricky part. When the corners are crispy and brownish, you can take it out of the oven. I baked for 15 minutes and it was perfect.
- Let it cool before cutting onto square shapes.
Recipe Note:There are many different flavors and options you can add. Such as below:
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Sesame seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Seasonal Fruit
- Really, anything you like!