Just in time for spring, try our take on a classic with extra-healthy substitutions, but without sacrificing the flavor and moisture that make it delicious!
- 3 cups grated raw carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups Datehini Cinnamon
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup golden seedless raisins
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tsp ground nutmeg
- crushed walnuts
- Beat together eggs, oil and Datehini. Blend mixture for thirty seconds.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and spices. Add the carrots, raisins and walnuts.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into a well-greased 10-inch bundt or loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake on a wire rack, then refrigerate until completely cooled.