Got some overripe bananas laying around? Make the best of it by baking a loaf of fresh banana bread, then top with a healthy helping of Datehini and extra sliced banana on top for a filling, nutritious snack.
- 1 1/3 cups mashed ripe banana (3-4 bananas)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed (vegan option) or 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) any milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) canola oil or coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp Datehini Original
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp PurDate sugar (sieve if clumpy)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups (210 g) all-purpose or spelt flour
- Chopped walnuts and/or chocolate chips (optional)
- ½-1 Tbsp PurDate sugar
- 2 Tbsp softened butter or vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with oil.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl. Stir the ground flax, milk, melted oil, Datehini, and vanilla into the banana mixture until combined.
- Stir the PurDate sugar, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour into the wet mixture well.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan. Press your desired toppings of nuts or chocolate chips into the top of your loaf.
- Bake at 350F for 45 to 55 minutes until lightly golden on top. Bake time will vary depending on your oven so watch closely after 45 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for at least 30 minutes. If you cut into the loaf too early it will crumble.
- Enjoy spreading Datehini over your home made Banana Bread