February is notoriously the month of love, thanks to Valentine's Day! Show a little love to those you care about with these delicious, healthy Datehini Cookies. These can be made as-is or easily adapted to become gluten-free, dairy-free or vegan.
CHOCOLATE DATEHINI COOKIES
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free baking mix)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt or sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 oz unsalted butter, at room temperature (or vegan butter)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Datehini
- 1 egg (or flax “egg” equivalent)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder) and set aside. In a stand mixer bowl, add room temperature butter and sugar and mix until the butter and sugar form a creamy texture. With the motor stopped, add the datehini, egg, and the vanilla extract (or use Vanilla Datehini). Continue to combine until homogenous.
- Using a cookie scoop, measure smaller scoops the size of golf balls and place on a baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press until flattened.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 minutes, rotating halfway through if needed.
- Let cool on a baking rack and enjoy!